Area Rug Cleaning
Convenient & Efficient Lower Mainland Area Rug Cleaning Service
In addition to our well known carpet and upholstery cleaning service, SaraCares area rug cleaning service is highly requested by clients. To make this service as convenient for you as possible, our expert technicians will pick up and drop off your area rugs to your home or office, for free! Quality, time efficient service is important to us, which is why we also make sure your rugs are cleaned and returned within 7-10 days.
SaraCares knows that area rugs can be the focal point in a family room or office, and both can be high traffic areas. Over time, your nice rugs can look worn down or faded, due to pets, outdoor shoes and dust that vacuuming alone may not pick up. Our professional rug cleaners are some of the most knowledgeable in the rug cleaning business, and will assess and recommend the best method of cleaning for the types of materials in your area rugs.
Area Rug Cleaning Techniques
Ground in stains, dirt and dust mites will be a thing of the past with non-toxic, hot water extraction cleaning method. The first step is applying the gentle non-toxic, non-soap cleaning solution, which helps lift old stains. Next we use the industrial strength hot water extraction method, this process easily lifts away spots and removes deep down dirt, and allergens making your rug look refreshed and your air healthier. Finally, to protect and prolong the life of your rug we finish by applying a neutralizer to your rug’s delicate fibers.
Free Area Rug Pick-Up and Delivery in The Lower Mainland
Horseshoe Bay, Lions Bay, West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Deep Cove, Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Pitt Meadows Maple Ridge, Ladner, Richmond, Tsawwassen, White Rock, Delta, Surrey, South Surrey, Cloverdale, Langley, Fort Langley, Mission
Not All Rugs Are Created Equal & Our Technicians Know Their Fibers:
- Nylon: Two thirds of today’s carpeting is made of highly durable nylon. Since Nylon is solid and mildew resistant, its fibers are utilized in approximately 65% of carpets sold. Its strengths include good resiliency, good stain resistance with stain treatment applied, good soil hiding ability, and good abrasion resistance. SaraCares technicians clean these fibers using a low pH solution so as not to eliminate its stain resistant properties.
- Olefin (Polypropylene): New synthetic carpet manufacturing technology enables a natural look and feel to this popular fiber. It is easy to clean, and is highly resistant to stains, moisture and mildew, although its fibers are not as resilient to crushing. With the exception of oil-based stains, it has superior stain resistance to bleaches and sunlight fading. Our technicians do not treat Olefin with a solvent-based protector, so as to maintain fiber integrity.
- Polyester: This material is soft, thick and is slow to wear down. Polyester offers strong colors and luster retention. These fibers are extremely fade resistant and offer excellent stain resistance. But similar to olefin, it does have poor resilient properties and therefore is susceptible to crushing. Since polyester is easy to clean, it accepts a range of cleaning products but our technicians only use the most gentle, non-toxic solutions, and treat the easily crushed fibers with care.
- Acrylic: A material that is especially resistant to fading in direct sunlight, and has the ability to block moisture. It is mostly blended with natural fibers such as woo, giving it a more natural look and feel. Since its fibers can break down easily due to trapped dirt, our technicians treat it similarly to wool rug cleaning. Acrylic also dries quickly so our non-toxic deep cleaning process is perfect for its revitalization.
- Wool: A luxurious natural fiber that can last a life time. It is soft, durable, offers generous bulk, feels very natural and comes in an endless variety of colors. This traditional favorite offers a deep, rich look in any home or office. Wool remains the premier fiber in carpet construction. It has excellent resilience and durability. Wool rugs are can fall prey to moths and carpet beetles and special protectant is needed. Since wool fibers are made of protein, our technicians only use the safest enzyme spotter and deodorizers. They also further protect the fibers by applying a post-cleaning neutralizer to give the fibers a natural pH of 4.5 – 5.5.
Contact us today for a free area rug cleaning estimate! Fill out the form here