Basic Upholstery Cleaning and Care Tips
New upholstered furniture is beautiful and comfortable. But in time, your upholstery can get grimy and dull, and no matter how careful you are, accidents and spills are going to happen. Learning some basic upholstery cleaning and maintenance tips will help protect your investment, prolonging the life of your fabric, and keeping your furniture looking its best year round.
Upholstery Care and Maintenance
Proper care and maintenance of your upholstered furniture will vary depending on the fabric you choose, as well as the extent of the usage. Here are some helpful suggestions you can follow:
- It is very important to determine the type of fabric before you attempt to remove a stain from your upholstery. Be sure to follow the fabric cleaning codes that come along with the fabric.
- Vacuum your furniture once a week, making sure to reach every nook and cranny with the furniture nozzle and the crevice attachment.
- Keeping your furniture out of direct sunlight will help prevent fading and prolong the life of your fabric.
- Placing covers over the armrests and the tops of cushions will protect them.
- Frequently rotating and fluffing up your cushions will help reduce flattening of the fibers.
- Use a lint roller to pick up hair, dust, and crumbs.
- Water or detergent can damage some upholstery, so make sure to carefully read the label on your furniture for proper cleaning instructions.
- You will probably need to have your upholstery professional cleaned if the furniture reads “dry clean only.”
- To avoid fabric shrinkage and watermarking, it is imperative to use the least amount of water possible when cleaning upholstery fabric.
Hire an upholstery cleaning professional
No matter how well you take care of your fabric, accidents are going to happen. And depending on the severity of those accidents, you are going to need to contact a professional cleaning service that has the expertise and experience to safely and effectively clean your upholstery.
Our upholstery cleaning professionals use the safest methods in order to maintain the integrity and life of your furniture’s material. We will do a thorough assessment of your furniture’s fabric, ensuring the appropriate care is taken.
Follow these simple tips and using SaraCares carpet cleaning services and furniture cleaning in Vancouver will give you optimal results, keeping your upholstery looking fabulous for many years to come.