Area Rug Cleaning Pointers
Area Rug Vancouver Maintenance Tips
With every new season in Vancouver comes an opportunity to clean and freshen up your home, starting with your area rugs. Whether your area rug is a treasured Oriental rug heirloom, a featured accent of your home or a purely functional piece to protect your hardwood floors, you should add it to your seasonal cleaning routine.
How to Take Care of Your Area Rugs
Besides weekly vacuuming, here are a few tips to keep your area rugs clean and in good condition:
- Rotate your rug monthly to prevent uneven wear
- Vacuum underneath the rug on a weekly basis
- Install a rug pad under your area rug to protect it from bottom wear and to extend its overall life
- Schedule a professional area rug cleaning service every 6-12 months
Why Have Your Area Rugs Professionally Cleaned
- To remove dirt trapped deep within fibres that regular vacuuming cannot remove
- To remove carpet beetles and larvae feasting on your rug
- To clean area rugs that are too large to fit in the washer
- To clean delicate or vintage area rugs not suited for machine washing
- To remove stubborn, set-in stains
- To prevent shrinkage or damage from improper cleaning techniques
- To remove pet, cooking and other odours
Area Rug Cleaning Doesn’t Have to Be a Chore
Cleaning the area rugs in your home or office doesn’t have to be a chore. It’s as simple as making a call to SaraCares.
Our professional area rug cleaning experts have been in the business for over 30 years and are some of the most knowledgeable in the Lower Mainland. They will assess your area rug for stains and fibre type, and they will recommend the best area rug cleaning method. Best of all, SaraCares area rug cleaning service includes free pick-up and delivery.
Contact us to schedule an area rug cleaning pick up in your neighborhood. We’ll return your area rugs clean, new and refreshed direct to your condo, home or office building.